In the beautiful region of the Haute Normandy you’ll find a charming chambre d’hôtes in a beautiful house. About one hour of the amazing cliffs in a little town Vascoeuil. The chambre d’hôtes of your dreams, stylish decorated rooms and an amazing French breakfast.
Relax in the garden or by the pool or visit the surrounding historical area of Normandy.
Interested in staying at L’Epicerie du Pape? Give my name “Eliane Roest” when you make a reservation, a cooling surprise will be waiting for you upon arrival!
L’Epicerie du Pape; chambre d’hôtes in Haute Normandy
In the main house itself you will find two pretty furnished rooms. The rooms are filled with treasures from the flea market and each has its own private entrance plus bathroom. On top of that, the French owners, Francois and Karine, decided to add a spacious canvas tent and a wooden house “Le Kabane” (plus retro caravan). The swimming pool in the garden makes your stay complete. During our stay mainly couples stayed in the two rooms, sometimes with a baby, for a few nights. The tent and the cottage are more often booked by families (max 2 children) for a longer period of time.
NOTE: Francois speaks very well English and even a little bit of Dutch, if your French leaves something to be desired, you don’t have to worry about that.
NOTE: There is a small kitchen to make some simple dishes, but this is certainly not suitable for extensive cooking. Do like the French and go “Au Resto” or make a simple salad. The choice of restaurants in the area is endless and the owners are happy to point you in the right direction.
On one side of the garden you can find this wooden house with a very Scandinavian look and feel. Super cozy for two, do you have children? No problem, they sleep comfortably together in the retro caravan (small double bed). In the Kabane itself is a tiny bathroom with an old-fashioned tub to shower in and a toilet. For the cmeer nights there’s a wood stove to keep you warm!
Lodgetent | Tipitent | BellTent
I have no clue about the correct name for this tent, we thought it was proper glamping. Overall conclusion: it is fantastic. With a double (good) bed in it, wood stove, rugs and some basic furniture, we had a wonderful time in this tent. A small bed was added for our daughter (10). On the cmeer days, you can easily heat the canvas tent. And there is a fan on the warmer days if needed. Right behind the tent you’ll find a private sanitary, with a separate toilet, shower and laundry room.
Glamping in style in the French countryside.
Bed & Breakfast
You read it correctly; L’Epicerie du Pape is a bed & breakfast, which means that after a wonderful night’s sleep you will be welcomed in the cozy living room for an extensive breakfast. Karine bakes something herself every day, whether it’s cake, pie or French toast, all delicious. Furthermore, coffee, tea, fresh fruit, croissants, baguette and fresh spreads, all from local addresses. No prefab to be seen and you can taste it in everything.
What you need to know about L’Epicerie du Pape:
- There are 2 rooms (with private entrance and private bathroom), a canvas tent and a cabin.
- Fantastic breakfast
- Most welcoming French owners ever.
- This is nothing like a campsite, you stay in the beautiful house / spacious garden of the owners.
- Small but nice swimming pool.
- The owners have 4 cats, 1 dog and a rabbit.
- There is a lot to do in the area, read on HERE.
- Limited possibilities to cook yourself.
- Small fridge in the kitchenette.
- Free bicycles to borrow. Electric bicycles can be rented for a fee.
- There is if you want a fridge with chilled local drinks; beer, cider, wine, juices and soft drinks.
- Prices from 90 euros per night based on 2 people, including breakfast.
- If you want to make a reservation, call my name “Eliane Roest”, then I will give you an extra “warm welcome”.